July 07, 2022

*Peonies & the yearning for a simple life


Some weeks ago we visited my sister on my father's farmland where she is also working, but recently started to make the old, abandoned farm house there livable. As a child I was there often with my friend Susanna. We stayed there alone which was very exciting and the days were filled with crafting, singing, exploring and grilling food over the campfire. The nights have been sometimes a bit scary in that old house, but those memories belong to my very favorite childhood memories I have.

The simple countryside life was something that always spoke to me, since very young age. When observing the hands of my grandmother while she was making potato dumplings or sitting with my grandpa on the tractor or bringing the crops with all family members together up the attic, I felt this deep contentment inside of me. Everything felt so close and tangible and there was no need to drive to shops with the car or outside the city until being surrounded by nature. Of course a simple life is not automatic an easy life, but the yearning stays and I am not alone with it. 

My sister feels the very same and one of her biggest dreams is to be able to live in that old house on the farm of my father one day and keeping some chicken and living the life. She also created a new vegetable garden this year and shares her little adventures on her youtube channel. I love her movies and feel very grateful to have her in my life!

4 comments:

Marie said...

Ich bin immer wieder so überrascht, was wir für Parallelen haben :) Bin zur Zeit auch im alten Haus meiner (Ur)Großeltern, um dem kleinen Garten und den Gemäuern wieder mehr Leben einzuhauchen. Mein Vater zieht dann nächstes Jahr hier her und ich zurück nach Dänemark - und zwar weg aus der Stadt, auf's Land. Denn das was du so schön beschreibst, empfinde ich genauso <3 Nichts gibt mir mehr inneren Frieden als Ruhe und Natur.

Ein paar Jahre Stadt waren inspirierend und aufregend aber am Ende sehe ich mich doch als alte Omi, die in ihrem großen Garten sitzt, und abends dem Meer ganz ungestört lauschen kann...hoffentlich noch ganz ganz lange mit meinem kleinen Simbi. Für ihn wird das bestimmt auch viel schöner sein, seine alten Hundetage auf dem Land zu verbringen :0) Vielleicht hast du dann ja mal Lust auf ein paar Zimtschnecken oder Blaubeerkuchen und Kaffee vorbeizuschauen, falls du magst und im Lande bist :)

Die Fotos sind so stimmungsvoll und schön. Bin riesig gespannt, was deine Schwester sich dort aufbauen wird - es klingt jetzt schon nach einem ganz ganz zauberhaften Ort :) ...und bei dir sieht es auch immer so unglaublich heimelig und naturnah aus <3

Jana said...

Auf das einfache Leben! 🤍

cococita said...

I so relate to your words ...
It's what I was telling when I was an early teenager,
still a child:
we should go back to that sort of life,
if we'd want to save, rescue, what is still left
of our planet ...

wideeyedtree said...

@Marie: Ja, ich auch! Es ist wirklich schön zu sehen wie viele Gemeinsamkeiten wir haben! Ich freu mich, dass du den Schritt aufs Lang in Dänemark gehen wirst und bin schon gespannt wie das dann wird und hoffe, du lässt uns dann sehen wie es dort so ist :) Heute ist es bei uns endlich kühler, das tut wirklich gut nach der heißen Zeit. Da bekommt man gleich mehr Energie und Herbstgefühle. Ich bin auch schon gespannt wie es bei meiner Schwester weitergeht, aber bei dem alten Haus ist wirklich sehr sehr viel zu machen, es gibt auch kein Klo oder Bad und im Moment ist es ziemlich voll mit Sperrmüll. Sie hat schon angefangen Sachen zu verbrennen, aber das geht halt auch nur so Stück für Stück... Liebe Grüße + ich freu mich wirklich sehr, dass du so regelmäßig bloggst!

@Jana: Ja hahaha! Das einfache Leben :D

@Cococita: I think this sort of dream sits in many of us and we become more and more. I hope that we can all manage to turn our lives into that sort of inner contentment we get from living with and from nature again.