August 16, 2023

*Une vie


Recently I read the book "Une Vie" by Guy de Maupassant. It was published in 1883 and I really loved it, especially the way he described all the feelings that nature evokes in the main character. It's a fabulous book and I can imagine to reread it in some years. 
We have been on a mini vacation in the wood quarter over the long weekend. It was super hot again, so we decided to stay close to the lakes to be able to jump in and cool down a bit every now and then.
On one of our forest walks we met a really likeable couple that is living in an isolated house in the middle of the woods with their children and dogs. It's always nice to get to know like minded people. 
At the moment our home is full of flowers and soft summer light. I love my dahlias, they are a pink dream and even beautiful when they have withered. I took far too many pictures of them already! :)

No comments: