August 31, 2023

*the taste of late summer


It's been a while...
At the moment we are sinking in vegetables and fruits, so I started another preserving round! I also did an unusual amount of baking this month. It is all so fresh and tasteful, it is truly an exceptional time when it comes to yummy food! The intense heat wave is over and it begins to feel a lot like autumn. I worked with clay again, started a new crochet project, took apart my sewing machine to oil and make it work again, changed a vintage dress to make it fit me and I prepared three little movies with many nice moments of the recent weeks. My summer asters have started to bloom and the flower bed was never more beautiful! How do you feel at the end of August? Are you looking forward to autumn or are you trying to hold on to the last bit of summer feeling? I used this summer well and did a lot of swimming which I really need to be ready for the colder season, I feel fulfilled and prepared. Much love + until soon again!

2 comments:

Stéphanie said...

I'm atill hanging onto the last little bit of summer and hoping for some warm days before the leaves tumble. We didn't really have a summer in England, it rained pretty much all of July and August so it feels strange that autumn's looming. Still hoping for at least one wizard if oz bloom before the first frosts!

wideeyedtree said...

Dear Stephanie, I can imagine that it must be quite frustrating when it rained all summer. I hope that you will have some sunny days still this autumn! It's very nice to see you here! I was looking for a comment section on your blog, but could not find one, or did I only not see it? I wanted to ask how your temperatures are in winter and if you also have to pull the dahlia bulbs out of soil during winter. I know that dahlias are willing to bloom very long, but with the frosts it's always risky, we can get them quite early. Have a wonderful start into September!