October 20, 2022

*little abandoned house in the woods


Last pictures from our little getaway. I could not resist taking another picture at the little abandoned house again that you probably know when you regularly visited my blog over the last years. Every time I say that I want to visit it once in winter time and it has not happened so far. I especially like the picture of the lake and how the heavy sky is reflecting in the water. 
Yesterday I worked with clay again and in the garden, collected seeds and it became quite chilly towards the evening. I also harvested some carrots to preserve them for winter. I cut them into little pieces and dried them. Never did that before, but I imagine that it will be very practical to add them to homemade soups in the cold season. I'm not a fan of freezing food for conserving, never was. So our little freezer is mostly almost empty and only sometimes filled with ice cream, fish and berries.
When I saw the frost when waking up in the morning, I quickly made a fire in the stove and left the house with my analogue camera to take some pictures of the frozen grasses and flowers. Rabbits and deers were close again and it felt so right in the stillness of the breaking dawn.

4 comments:

Düschen said...

Solch wunderschöne Bilder, Claudia!!!
Die Blümchen und das Haus sind so schön!
Wir haben auch meist nur Beeren im Tiefkühler.^^

wideeyedtree said...

Danke, liebe Marie!

nina. aka wippsteerts said...

Schön, dass es wieder besser läuft!
Ich habe extra einen kleinen Gefrierschrank. Ich neige zum Sammeln. Getrocknete Karrotthabe ich noch nicht gemacht, eher eingerichtet im Glas oder als Kimchi.
Deine Bilder sind immer wunderbar
Liebe Grüße
Nina

wideeyedtree said...

Liebe Nina!
Bei uns auch so, unser Gefrierschrank ist auch von der kleinen Sorte, weil es sonst gar keinen Sinn macht. Im Sommer ist dann natürlich Eiscreme drinnen :) Mir sind die Sachen im Glas und getrocknet auch viel lieber. Kimchi mache ich auch sehr gerne! Danke fürs Vorbeischauen hier! Liebe Grüße, Claudis