October 01, 2022

*home is where the flowers grow and your hands are busy


After a while you learn the subtle difference
Between holding a hand and chaining a soul,

And you learn that love doesn’t mean leaning
And company doesn’t mean security.

And you begin to learn that kisses aren’t contracts
And presents aren’t promises,

And you begin to accept your defeats
With your head up and your eyes open
With the grace of a woman, not the grief of a child,

And you learn to build all your roads on today
Because tomorrow’s ground is too uncertain for plans
And futures have a way of falling down in mid-flight.

After a while you learn…
That even sunshine burns if you get too much.

So you plant your garden and decorate your own soul,
Instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.

And you learn that you really can endure…

That you really are strong

And you really do have worth…

And you learn and learn…

With every good-bye you learn.

{Jorge Luis Borges}

2 comments:

Isidora said...

How many 35 mm films have you developed till now? :)))

Each photo could be transformed into a postcard, poster or a book cover. I wish you started making books. Or book covers. :)

wideeyedtree said...

Thank you! I sometimes think about how nice it would be to make a book with my analogue photography, but am not sure if many people would actually be interested, but who knows... But sometimes I let postcards print, I have some, if you like I could send you the ones I have made! Just write me an email with your address from your current home and I will send you a little letter!
When I started using film again in 2015 it started quite slowly, but in 2016 I shot a lot with my zenit E, up to one film in a week in the very active times. But nowadays it's more like one a month, but I do show most of them here, so it maybe seems more than it actually is.