October 16, 2022

*About shoes + a happy list


I could tell so many stressful things that have happened lately in a seemingly never ending row. The car accident of my bf, my family being sick, the health issues of Sunny, the "new" iMac that I had ordered from refurbed that did not function and I was trying to solve the issue for almost a month and had to give it back in the end, my digital camera stopped working again and I had to send it to repair for the second time now, so I can't take pictures for work nor can I work properly on my computer anymore. I wanted to have some finished ceramics before Christmas to put in my shop, but without being able to take pictures that won't really be possible. And then on top of all water comes through my winter boots that I had for over 5 years now. I think I am the woman with the fewest pairs of shoes that I know. I always had trouble to find fitting ones, so shoe purchase was never something that I enjoyed very much and so I usually am wearing the one fitting pair until it falls off from my feet on its own. When I was a child and we finally found a fitting pair of shoes, my mother used to buy a second pair in a bigger shoe size, so that we saved pains for finding a new pair after my feet grew bigger again. I often wonder if people notice it in my pictures that I have the same shoes like forever. After wearing the same pair all the time, parting feels even harder for me! Why I tell about the shoe thing actually is, because only short after my boots died, my dear friend Verena who knows about my lately troubles, surprised me with a sudden support where I could get myself a new pair and I was even able to get the last pair of the same shoe brand and it was even at a discount. I feel very grateful and hope they will keep me good company on my many nature walks in the future! So, this will be the first thing on my happy list, that I wanted to post here actually, but sometimes I feel like letting my readers know, that not all is just easy and happy all the time, even though those are generally the things I like to share the most, as there is too much bad news out there anyway, but to keep it honest and real.

Happy list:

• new winter boots from my dear friend Verena
{feel free to visit her blog to enjoy her art & stories}
• a little deer coming very close to me
• collecting nuts for winter
• first ripe figs from my own little fig tree
• beautiful misty mornings
• birds tapping on my window to signal that they want some bird seeds
• working with clay
• pepping up an ikea cupboard
• writing a letter
• a beautiful full moon
• a long walk on a warm, golden October day
• colorful leaves everywhere

10 comments:

Isidora said...

We have a saying that the trouble never comes alone.
Better days are ahead. :*

wideeyedtree said...

Yes, we are having a similar saying and it seems very accurate! Thank you! I hope so too!

Verena said...

Liebe Claudia!
Ich freue mich sehr über dine warmen Füße!
Bis bald in Liebe,
Verena

PS: Ich fang' jetzt auch gleich eine solche Liste an, danke!

wideeyedtree said...

Liebe Verena!
Warme Füße sind glaube ich grade für uns Frauen ein wahrer Segen und so wichtig!
Ich danke dir! Und ich freu mich auf deine Liste! Alles Liebe!

Düschen said...

Liebste Claudia!
Ich hoffe deinem Freund geht es gut. Das hört sich ja alles nicht so toll an.
Ich bin leider auch seit letzter Woche wiedermal krank geschrieben. Ich hoffe, es geht dir einigermaßen gut. Auch wenn man nicht so viel von mir hört, ich denke an dich und wünsche R. und deiner Familie eine Gute Besserung bzw. Genesung.♥

wideeyedtree said...

@Düschen: Danke, liebe Marie! Ich werde dir im Brief genauer berichten! Aber es war ein riesiger Schock, das kann ich dir sagen! Ich hoffe, dass du dich erholen kannst und du zurecht kommst! Momentan sind wirklich irgendwie alle krank! Alles Liebe!

Düschen said...

@wideeyedtree Da bin ich aber sehr gespannt. ♥ Ja, dass es ein Schock war glaube ich dir sofort. Man unterschätzt immer wie gefährlich das Auto fahren ist. Und ich würde gerne ein Bild von deinen neuen Schuhen sehen, vielleicht kannst du ja mal ein Bild für deinen Blog machen! :D

wideeyedtree said...

@Düschen: Ich habe das letzte Paar bekommen in der gleichen Art wie die Schuhe, die ich nun die letzten 5-6 Jahre getragen habe. Hier sieht man sie gut: https://www.flickr.com/photos/claudiavoglhuber/52067843158/

Düschen said...

@wideeyedtree Oh die sind wirklich sehr schön und sehen super comfy und gemütlich aus! Ich liebe solche Boots!♥

wideeyedtree said...

@Düschen: Ja bei mir geht es grundsätzlich bei Kleidung immer mehr darum, dass es bequem als schön ist! Natürlich praktisch, wenn es beides ist, aber unbequeme Kleidung zu tragen ist wie Folter für mich!