October 31, 2022

*apple season


At the end of September we visited my fathers farm and it was amazing to see all the different apple trees again that he had cultivated there over the years. We picked a load full to bring home with us as our apple trees did not bear many this year. Lately I'm graving for pancake with roasted apples and cinnamon which is really warming up my body in a good way and it's oh so delicious! What is your comfort food at this time of the year? I also love sweet chestnuts and snacking on the walnuts I have collected on my walks some time ago. I hope you are enjoying this last day of October!

5 comments:

Isidora said...

Beautiful photos.
I was making pancake with grated apples for breakfast today!
p.s. I didn't get your letter since my sister had to go to hospital.

nina. aka wippsteerts said...

Pfannkuchen mit Apfelringen, lecker!
Aber mein Seelenessen ist Kartoffelbrei mit Apfelmus, natürlich selbstgemacht
Liebe Grüße
Nina

wideeyedtree said...

@Isidora: Oh no! What happened?! I hope it is nothing serious with you sister!

@nina: Oh, das habe ich noch nie gehört, dass das jemand als Kombination isst! Klingt aber sehr lecker und interessant! Liebe Grüße zurück!

nina. aka wippsteerts said...

Das heißt Du kennst dann auch "Himmel und Erde" nicht? Traditionell auch mit gebratener Blutwurst. Hier und in div, Regionen ein ganz traditionelles Gericht! Himmel = Apfel, Erde = Kartoffel. Der Sohn macht sich immer einen Kartoffelbrei Vulkan mit Apfelmus draus.
Ich lege mir immer einen Vorrat an Mus in Marmeladengläser an.
Liebe Grüße
Nina

wideeyedtree said...

Liebe Nina!
Nein, das kannte ich wirklich gar nicht!
Muss ich mal ausprobieren :)
Liebe Grüße!