March 24, 2020

*spring signs


Some analogue pictures from the first spring flowers that I found in nature in February. 
I started to work in the garden last week, but it got so cold again that it does not really make sense to sow seeds yet. We even had some snow on the weekend! I always get tempted to start pre-growing plants inside around this time, but really, our temperatures are so unsteady here, it's better to wait longer, because then the plants grow faster and stronger. In times like these it's even a bigger blessing to have a piece of garden to not feel as caged when people are compelled to stay inside. Due to personal life circumstances I am leading a "corona crisis lifestyle" more or less since one and a half decade now, so isolation does not hit me so hard. But it hits me when people worry and are overwhelmed and so I do feel a lot of compassion for those who feel trapped right now and are confronted with sickness and death of beloved ones! My thoughts are with you! Please take good care of yourself and try to make the best out of our challenging times!

4 comments:

Sasja said...

lovely pictures claudia!
i feel the same about the social distance: my life has also not changed anything since everyone has to stay home, just like you.
stay strong and healthy 💛🌿✨

wideeyedtree said...

It made me so happy to see your comment here, Sasja!
Thank you and I also wish you lots of strength and that you and your family stay healthy and save in this crisis!

cococita said...

I, too, recognise myself in what you are writing,
except from the fact that I have no garden or terrace anymore
and that feels quite strange.

Sending you a warm hug!

We had snow here too last night.
Felt a little bit like a belated X-mas

wideeyedtree said...

@cococita:
Oh, so sad that you don't have a garden anymore! Do you have a balcony at least or something to be able to step out to breath fresh air?
Yes, it seems winter has not really ended yet!
Lets see how it goes further!
Wishing you all the best in any case!