March 31, 2020

*watercolor update


On this last day of March I want to show you a little watercolor painting update! I know, I repeat myself, but it's really an ongoing learning experience and I still feel very motivated to go on. Sometimes I have to paint a certain illustration up to three times until I feel satisfied with it, with traditional painting you can not cover mistakes so easily. It happens that my brush accidentally falls out of my hand and lands in the middle of my illustration and messes it up and similar mishaps like that or I simply don't like the composition suddenly or colors react differently as planned. But nevertheless I love the simple act of painting on paper and being off from the screen world. It teaches me a great extra amount of patience. I hope you can end the month in a good way and can welcome April despite the challenging worldwide situation right now!

3 comments:

Düschen said...

Liebste Claudia, wie herrlich deine Bilder sind. Das Bild mit den Fröschen erinnert mich doch sehr an Alice im Wunderland. Eins der Bücher, die mir sehr am Herzen liegen. Ich bekomme richtig Lust, selbst wieder mit dem zeichnen anzufangen, leider kann ich mit Aquarell Farbe nicht gut zeichnen. Vielleicht hole ich mir irgendwann mal wieder einen kleinen Kasten. Das Bild mit der Vogelmutter strahlt viel Freude und Liebe aus! Wirklich sehr schön!

cococita said...

This is all so beautiful.
Thank you for sharing this light in a rather dark world ...

wideeyedtree said...

@Düschen: Oh ja, hol dir einen kleinen Aquarellkasten und probier es wieder aus! Es macht echt so viel Freude! Und die Farben sind so vielseitig einsetzbar! Da gibt es echt eine Menge zum Experimentieren! Es freut mich sehr, dass dir meine Bilder gefallen!!!
Liebe Grüße!!!

@Cococita: ♥︎♥︎♥︎