October 21, 2023

*flowers, light & a little morning story


On Tuesday evening I planned that on the next day I will drive with the bike to the top of the hill in the early morning hours to experience the sunrise and to my luck the sky was not covered. It had the first minus degrees and a light layer of frost was resting on the world while she slowly awakened. It is hard to express the feelings that I had when I stood there in silence on that hill while the sky turned pink and a huge flock of starlings was passing by on the sky like a shoal of fish in the vast ocean.
I decided to drive further to a lonely stone quarry area (which is usually full of wild flowers and wildlife) to have my morning tea there. To my great joy everything was shining golden in those first sunbeams. I don't know what it is with me and frost, but it always feels as if my soul founds something in those moments that it has lost long ago. To be surrounded by all the silver and gold glitter in this frozen silence. Seemingly rigidly, but inside full of life and warmth.

Hopefully your heart it filled with the beauty of this earth as well!
Much love!

No comments: