July 10, 2023

*In the heart of summer warmth


We are in the middle of another heat wave right now, up to 35 degrees, so I stood up early to pick black raspberries to make some fresh jam. Also I took up drying herbs again and yesterday the first apricot fell ripe from the tree. We do not have many this year,  because of the cold spring, but enough to eat them right away and maybe make a cake. I tried several times to grow pink hollyhocks from seeds, but only the purple ones grew, but suddenly a hollyhocks plant  appeared at the other side of the garden. First I was not sure what plant it could be and just let it grow further and on the weekend it was clear that it is a hollyhock, but it had not opened the flowers yet, so I was not sure about the color, but today it started to bloom and the blossoms are really light pink! I couldn't be happier! What a lovely surprise gift from nature!

No comments: