February 23, 2023

*first paintings of the year


I'm happy to be able to share my first watercolor paintings of this new year with you! Some days ago I spotted the first liver leaf in the forest and yesterday the weather was really springlike. The first sun always makes me really sleepy, my body needs some time to adapt after the dark period. I'm playing a lot with pencils at the moment, but don't quite know how to integrate them into my illustration work, but maybe I just don't do it and just have fun with playing in my sketchbook or I transform the sketches into watercolor paintings later. Even though there are so many different colored pencil shades available nowadays, I'm never really fully happy with the colors. With watercolors it's so easy to create all different shades to create the atmosphere I'm longing for. Have a nice day + see you soon again!

2 comments:

San said...

Your watercolor paintings are so fun! I can tell you are longing for spring. :)

wideeyedtree said...

We got some snow today :D