February 14, 2023

*in the ice meadow | part 1


This picture series has been taken before Christmas still when there was a pleasant amount of snow & frost outside and hope inside of me. Winter's minimalism can be so beautiful! But the last days I have shed so many tears over the earthquake situation in Turkey/Syria, that I have hardly been able to function. Even though I'm not watching any news, enough pictures have reached me and I'm getting the whole downside of being a very imaginative & emphatic person who is able to create even more images and pain in my mind which is not very healthy. I think I never wrote here before that next to my fear of heights I am claustrophobic. Thinking of the many buried people is a pure nightmare and all who have lost their family members, friends, pets and homes. May God be with all those people.

2 comments:

nina wippsteerts said...

Oh, eigentlich so schöne Bilder :) wäre es nicht gerade absolut wunderbar sonnig (und sogar warm) draußen
Aber ich bin sicher, es kommen bald auch Fotos von Dir daher. Die Sonne tut so so gut, oder?
Liebe Grüsse
Nina

wideeyedtree said...

Liebe Nina! Wir haben hier nach wie vor sehr frische Temperaturen, Nachts eigentlich immer Minusgrade und tagsüber nicht recht angenehm, aber das liegt an unserer Region, wo wir wohnen, da kommt der Frühling meist erst im April/Mai. Bei mir wird es also noch länger "kalt" hier bleiben, fürchte ich ;) aber irgendwann kommt der Frühling auch hier! Aber ja, die Sonne ist immer ein willkommener Gast, auf jeden Fall! <3 Alles Liebe!