February 04, 2023

*a simple cookie recipe


Just some random winter pictures and the cookies on the first picture are the only one that I made before Christmas. I tried out a very old recipe and they turned out quite tasty and I liked the texture. It is a very simple recipe that leaves a lot of space for variations which is something I like, because I seldom cook with a recipe and keep it more experimental and spontaneous in the kitchen.
Here is the recipe in case you want to try it out:

Lemon cookies

You need:
2 eggs
1-2 table spoons water
100 gram sugar
75 g wheat flour (I used spelt)
1 package custard powder with lemon taste (I used vanilla instead)

Beat the egg yolk with the water into a foam and add three-quarter of the sugar and continue beating until the texture is creme-like. The rest of the sugar beat under the whipped egg whites that you prepared before. Add the whipped egg white to the egg creme and sieve the custard powder and flour onto it. Mix everything carefully with a eggbeater. With two spoons place small heaps on the with baking paper prepared baking sheet. Bake with good medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes until the cookies are golden yellow.

I'm not the best when it comes to translating recipes, I hope it was clear though, if not, just leave a comment to ask me. There are many different sorts of custard powder out there which makes it easy to try out different tastes. 

No comments: