September 27, 2022

*more ceramic pieces


Some more high-fire pieces that I have not showed here yet. I like how they turned out, especially the little bowls with the flower painting and the snail. What do you think? It is really tricky to paint thin lines on raw pottery as the paint is so thick and the surface soaks it up so quickly, but somehow it is a nice challenge! Also you never know how the colors react in the kiln, I had a really pretty set of little plates with bird paintings where the colors faded too much in the high temperatures which was a pity!
Anyway, September is coming to an end already, it went by incredible fast! Yesterday packed my clay out for the first time in months and made a vase, maybe I can make some more pieces today, but the garden is also waiting and a bunch of other responsibilities. Have a wonderful day + see you soon again!

3 comments:

cococita said...

J'adore!
The small flowers look exactly the same
as the ones on the very first ceramic mug
that I bought here when I arrived in France.

wideeyedtree said...

Hi Elke! Really? That makes me very curious, maybe you can send me a picture of your mug. Seems like a lovely memory!

cococita said...

Once I am back home I will try to think
of it, yet it will only be at the start of winter ...