September 20, 2022

*fluffy seeds in the wind


Softness and harshness
are so close to each other in nature.
I often think about that.
Like with this thistle: 
So full of thorns,
but when it starts to develop seeds
it turns into this incredible soft ball
which is so nice to touch,
like a fluffy bunny tail.

On that day I took out the bike for the first time after months, the sunflowers were already withered and the old farmer that I met on my way showed me his wonderment that I wanted to take pictures of them when they were not "pretty" anymore. I had a hard time explaining him that I like this advanced stage of sunflowers and he also thought that I'm going to build up a tent when I got my tripod out of the bag which was really funny. I can see how the tripod has similarities to the rods of a tent though.

2 comments:

Isidora said...

Ha-ha, we say "the generation crush".

wideeyedtree said...

ah haha, yes, that seems accurate! :)