March 10, 2022

*a little story of birds


As soon as I had my hands on clay two months ago, I had the idea of making little bird plates for holding jewelry or other little things. Birds accompany my whole life already and I have a deep love for them and the freedom they represent! Not only the word „bird“ is part of my family name, one of my first pets was a bird (budgie), further I raised a duck in my childhood which was one of the most beautiful experiences I ever had, I found her left-behind in nature and she kept following me as she thought I was her mum. She slept in my bed, she went swimming with me and I even helped her learning to fly. When she was big enough I went back to the place I had found her to enable her a more natural life with other ducks, but I won’t forget those months with her. I had rescued a pigeon once that had an injured wing. After she was healed, she came back to visit me regularly for many years. As you all know by now, I love to observe flocks of birds, they never cease to fill my heart with joy when I see them and I rescued several birds that had fallen out of nests and fed them every hour and not all of them survived and I remember sitting in the middle of the night on the floor, the dead bird in my hands after sleepless nights and crying my heart out. Birds are a big part of my life. So I come back again and again to paint them and include them somehow in my artwork. Most of the clay birds have been already flown to their new homes and it made me so happy to see them appreciated!
☙ 

2 comments:

cococita said...

The duck story is so beautiful and touching
and those ceramic plates: wow!
I like them a lot: truly original and so you!

wideeyedtree said...

Thank you! It makes me very happy that you like them!