{Music: Nocturne II – Steven Gutheinz + No 10 Right as Rain – Andreas Hauschild + Go not against the wind – Goldmund + Bonsai – Gideon Matthew + Gentle Rivers – Gideon Matthew}
The end of summer feels like a mix of everything. We had our first misty morning, but also more hot and dry days. I focused on finishing my ceramics and had some calm moments in the kitchen, making vinegar from windfall apples, more tomato sauce, and finally trying the Italian almond cookies I had wanted to make for such a long time. All in all, I’m really enjoying the transition into fall and hope you are too!
Italian almond cookies
• 300g almond flour
(I used peeled almonds and ground them fresh)
• 90g powdered sugar
(I used raw cane sugar and half the amount)
• 1 large egg white
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1 orange for grated zest
(I skipped the orange zest, because I did not have one at home)
Mix almond flour, powdered sugar, egg white, honey and the orange zest in a bowl. Stir with a spoon, then use your hands to gently squeeze and pinch the mixture together. Sprinkle 3 teaspoons of powdered sugar onto a plate and break off pieces of dough and roll them into small balls. Roll each ball in the powdered sugar and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Then gently press your thumb into the center of each ball, so the edges crack a little. Bake at 170ºC (340ºF) for 12 minutes.
☙

No comments:
Post a Comment