September 10, 2026

*plum season


The past few days I have been busy preserving plums. Despite the drought, it turned out to be a fabulous plum year! I have been making jam, and I made plum butter for the first time. The plum butter took so long to make that I don't think I will be making it again anytime soon. Finally, my long-awaited summer asters have started to bloom, along with another variety of dahlia. Our days are still hot and very dry. Only last night did it rain a little, so I am still busy watering the garden. Slowly but surely, though, I am looking forward to taking a break from gardening and being able to enjoy nature in other ways, like crocheting in the garden or going on more nature walks again. I am especially looking forward to collecting walnuts and looking for mushrooms, if the rain ever comes back to help them grow.

No comments: