June 16, 2022

*garden


Finally I took a moment to have a look in my photo archive to pick some pictures for this first garden update of the year. A little late, but I will post them anyway. Today we stood up early to work together in the garden. R. did water the trees and helped me building brick paths in my new herb corner. I had started last year to create this corner especially for herbs and flowers, but then the strong hail damaged it and because I was bedridden all summer I was not able to care for it anymore, but this year I am slowly bringing it back to life again and planted all sorts of new herbs like different mints, valerian, chamomile, marshmallow, curry, roman fennel, stevia and many more. First the snails ate up most of the flower seedlings, but after some time some started coming through again and I planted some more. Mostly zinnia, cosmea, girls' eyes, calendula, nasturtium and baby breath and my little highlight will be the quaking grass, but let's see if it will survive after all. At the moment I live mostly from peas, mangold and fresh berries and cherries. You can literally watch them turning red, so fast does it all go right now. It is a really overwhelming time in many ways, so full of tastes! After garden work we made a campfire and went swimming. It was a really nice day! I hope yours was nice too!

No comments: