October 03, 2026

*the old world

I think I’ve taken at least three pictures of this old mill over the past few years. Last time, it was surrounded by flowers, and I could see the owner’s little vegetable garden. It really is such a special place.

I’m back from a trip to the sea! I wasn’t sure if I’d be able to make it. I had fever attacks every day before we left, and I still wasn’t feeling the way I had hoped I would by September. But we made it! And it was wonderful in so many ways. It wasn’t all easy, but I feel endlessly grateful to have had those days by the sea, breathing in the fresh sea air, just sitting there watching the waves and looking for little treasures along the shore. It was warm enough for me to swim almost every day. And on our last day, we found a secluded, untouched beach with a wild, untamed sea. Nature, seemingly forgotten by humanity, is one of the most beautiful things there is to me. Sadly, such places have become very rare. It felt unbelievably good to be there, as if invisible hands were gently wrapping themselves around us, embracing us in love and comforting us.

Over the last few days, my autonomic nervous system has been struggling again and my body is having a hard time regulating its temperature. Periods of being unable to maintain a healthy body temperature alternate with feverish episodes, and I feel very weak, shaky and dizzy, with my heart often racing. I have to stay in bed a lot again, but I’m trying to be patient and distract myself by going through old autumn photos. Maybe there’s something else going on as well. So many people are sick right now, and perhaps my body is fighting off some kind of bug too. It’s hard to tell. Let’s see what the next few days will bring, and I hope you’ve had a good start to October and are able to enjoy the fall!
☙

No comments: