December 01, 2023

*Thousands of rosehips


First of all: Happy first of December!

On the weekend they predict minus 16 degrees, I'm curious if it truly get's this cold already! In any case this means keeping an eye on the fire in the stove constantly and getting some more bird food.
We are having gloomy days for a while now and I try to get out into nature before the day starts to not fall too early into kind of a winter torpor. My body wants to move, especially after finishing an intense painting commission where I was sitting way too many hours on my bum.
Hopefully this month will not rush by too quickly and you will enjoy the first Advent weekend! I still have not prepared our Advent wreath and I'm not sure if I make one this year, but I was making candles out of wax remnants that I had collected over the years. I use my handmade ceramics as vessel and so far it works wonderfully and looks really nice!
Do you have plans for the coming days? Visiting a Christmas fair perhaps?

2 comments:

nina wippsteerts said...

Oh, der Dezember kam doch wieder sehr plötzlich :) und auch hier wird zusätzlich gern der Ofen angemacht, die Wärme wird gebraucht.
Hagebutten mag ich auch so gern. Ich muss dann immer an das Lied denken
Dekoriert wurde bis jetzt auch wenig und der Adventskranz ist schlicht
Ich nehme gerne die mittleren Weckgläser für Kerzenreste, aber auch Tassen, ergeben alle noch mal schöne Kerzen.
Einen wunderbaren ersten Advent und liebe Grüße
Nina

wideeyedtree said...

Liebe Nina! Ich weiß gar nicht, welches Lied du meinst! Aber Hagebutten sind einfach wirklich ein Augenschmaus, im Sommer die wunderbaren Blüten und dann den ganzen Winter über das satte Rot der Früchte und lecker & gesund noch obendrein! Früher hab ich auch gerne schöne Flohmarkttassen fürs Kerzengießen genommen, nun da ich einiges an Keramikschälchen daheim habe, kam mir das ganz gelegen :) Unser Wochenende ist wirklich wunderbar! Ich hoffe ihr habt es auch ganz gemütlich & schön! Alles Liebe!