December 10, 2023

*How to have hope


My sister shared this beautiful poem by Katy Luxem with me recently and I want to share it with you as well here:

There must be something wrong with me.
In the fall, the neighbors spray their eaves,
with poison dripping like a soft rain. They’d kill
for a weedless lawn, a pest-free porch. 
But I sit outside thinking the light is honey
for us all. I’ll leave the sunflowers 
until they freeze, and let my many-legged 
thoughts go. Part of me is always hurting
for the smallest among the living. I can’t help
how I open, instead of shut before winter. 
I leave a crack. I invite the spiders in.

2 comments:

Düschen said...

Ein wunderschönes Gedicht, danke fürs teilen.
Und ich liebe das Bild mit der Heuschrecke <3

wideeyedtree said...

Das Gedicht spricht mir wirklich aus dem Herzen. Danke, liebe Marie!