December 11, 2023

*The last leaves


I'm not sure, but I think this is the last autumnal picture series for a while. I'm looking forward to show you some of the magical winter days we had since the end of November, but we still have to be a little patient. Last week I finally filled my kiln with some of my ceramics that has been waiting in my shelves for quite a while now and on Saturday evening I had a four hour glazing session. I also glazed some of my sisters ceramic pieces and started the glaze firing yesterday in the early morning hours. I have worked on some ceramic decorations for our Christmas tree also, but I have to still glaze them and make a last firing for those. Hopefully in time to be able to hang them on the tree. Speaking of the tree, this weekend we managed to choose our future Christmas tree in the forest, but it was still a challenge, because of the amount of snow. It was hard to pick one this time, but I'm sure it will be a nice one in the end! And yesterday we managed to visit a Christmas fair at the beautiful Rosenburg castle. The atmosphere was amazing! There was a wind quartet playing live, bonfires and even snow owls and lot's of yummy food and hot drinks and craftspeople presenting their work. We really used our last chance, as it was the last day the fair was open. Today the snow is slowly melting and for a tiny moment the sun came out. I wish you a good start into the new week, see you soon again!

5 comments:

Düschen said...

Wunderschöne Bilder, Claudia! Ich wünsche euch eine wunderschöne Adventszeit! Unser Baum ist wie immer künstlich (wir haben denselben seit 10 Jahren), ich bringe es einfach nicht übers Herz einen für die paar Tage fällen zu lassen. :') Auf einem Weihnachtsmarkt waren wir gestern auch. :)

wideeyedtree said...

Liebe Marie, ich würde auch keinen wollen, wenn wir ihn nicht zu 100% verwerten würden dann. Apropos, ich habe ein tolles Buch in einer Bücherbox gefunden, es heißt: "How to eat your Christmas tree – Delicious, innovative recipes for cooking with trees" von Julia Georgallis. Da freu ich mich zu lesen, wie ich den Baum noch verwerten kann <3

Stéphanie said...

Oh the craft market sounds amazing! There's a German Christmas market (traders come from Frankfurt) in my city each year, and the crafts are always very pretty. I'm looking forward to seeing your ceramics and snow photos!

wideeyedtree said...

Dear Stéphanie, it was really special. The location does add so much to such an event! Have a nice & cozy day!

Düschen said...

@wideeyedtree Das Buch hört sich super spannend an, du musst mir dann unbedingt mitteilen, was du daraus angewendet hast! :) Freue mich schon darauf.