August 03, 2022

*a yarrow year


This year we do not have a lot of wild chamomile in our surrounding like usual, but it's a real yarrow year. I love this plant, especially because its such a resilient plant that it is still to be found when the frost starts in autumn and it looks beautiful with the little ice crystals on it. I don't like to drink the tea so much though, even though it has so many benefits for the female body. But in my opinion it has even a positive effect when only surrounding yourself with a specific plant. Do you have a favorite wild herb?

4 comments:

Isidora said...

My herb... Hm, I like chicory and I always tell people how coffee is made from its root - people usually don't know that, but we can see it often here by the road.

wideeyedtree said...

Oh, yes! They are very beautiful! We have them a lot at the street sides at the moment and I knew about the coffee you can make from the root, but never tried it so far, maybe because I am not much of a coffee person, I used to drink a little one in the mornings because of the taste for many years, but then just stopped out of the blue, but I still like the smell a lot!

Isidora Vujošević said...

I read that coffee suplement was the actual coffee before World War II in Croatia. In my hometown we had a coffee suplement factory in 17th century. We actually call it white coffee, but most people don't know that it's chicory (or barley), they think that white coffee is real coffee with much milk haha. :)
p.s. I finaly found a purpose for my tumblr - analog photo album and that's it. My process of creative decisions is exhausting. :D

wideeyedtree said...

Here malt coffee was very common and also from the root of dandelions. I'm happy that you are starting to share your analogues again! Will have a look now! :)