January 29, 2023

*The first and the last sunbeams


Winter light everywhere. Those pictures are still from December. Meanwhile a whole months from the new year is already gone and we had no visible sunshine since a long time. Today finally the sun came out a little which is really a welcome change! We had some heavier snowfall last week and even though the temperatures are quite unstable, the snow made it through all the week and it really helped me a little to shift the focus. Snow has a very calming effect on me. I love the minimal color palette in the landscape. I'm actually happy that I do not have to care for the garden right now and that I can concentrate on other things, although I miss all the fresh food of course. But everything has it's time.
The beautiful, delicate cup and the other treasures are from my dear Olivia from Sweden. She also lost her little furry friend not so long ago, which made me very sad. Life is really so difficult at times. Nevertheless I am trying to create a new "happy list" to not forget the little blessings that are coming my way.

No comments: