January 03, 2020

*ice needles


I hope the new year is treating you well!

We had the most beautiful frost today. Over night it was very misty and in the morning all was covered with a sparkling layer that looked like million of little ice needles, very fragile and in the brightest white! I took several pictures, but those here I have made before Christmas. Obviously farmers are spraying some kind of white powder on the trees in the forests to fight the bark beetles. We have incredibly much damage in our forests here, it's really sad to observe. The white stems of the trees do look quite surreal when you walk by! 
I started a new journal for 2020 and also made my first watercolor paintings of the year. I'm looking forward to show you more of my artworks soon again! Have a cozy evening and stay warm!

1 comment:

Ariane Reichardt said...

Was für ein hübscher Start ins neue Jahrzehnt!
Wie schön, dich hier immer noch zu finden.
Vielleicht nehme ich mir einfach auch wieder die Zeit... schaun wir mal.

Herzlich,
Ariane
Rose