September 03, 2024

*signs from the sky


September has started and I felt instantly entranced by the change of light, how it becomes softer in a way, even though we are still having extreme temperatures over here! I decided to delete my health update in one of my previous posts again, I did not feel comfortable with presenting it here. Sometimes it feels good though to write it all down to be able to process it better, so it had its sense for sure. When I had a hard moment and looked out the window I saw this sylph cloud up in the sky which was like an uplifting sign. This year I noted down all cucumbers I harvested in the greenhouse. I counted 70 so far. I'm always amazed on how much harvest is possible in a small space!

4 comments:

nina wippsteerts said...

Jetzt morgens mit dem Hund bei Sonnenaufgang zu gehen ist schon so anders. Wie Du schreibst, das Licht! Weich und warm und auf taubesetzte Oberflächen sich brechend.
Um Dein Gewächshaus beneide ich Dich etwas ☺️ schon, dass Du eine reiche Ernte hast.
Und für Deine Gesundheit weiterhin alles Gute
Einen schönen September
Liebe Grüße
Nina

wideeyedtree said...

Danke, liebe Nina! Von den Temperaturen her würde ich es gar nicht brauchen, das Gewächshaus, das ist sicher, aber wir haben hier so starke Stürme und dafür ist es wirklich sehr wertvoll hier! Ja, es kommt immer der Zeitpunkt, wo man mit Essen gar nicht mehr nachkommt. Aber heute habe ich wieder Zucchini eingelegt, eigentlich nicht wirklich Zucchini, es ist eine Mischung aus Zucchini und Kürbis. Die haben sich mal wieder gekreuzt :) Genieß du auch diese wunderbare Zeit des Jahres. Ich freu mich sehr, wenn alles wieder mehr nach innen geht. Liebe Grüße!

Stephanie said...

That's a huge number of cucumbers, well done! It has been too cool and cloudy for sun loving crops here in England, but there's always next year to try again. I completely understand that vulnerability hangover feeling - sharing something, and then feeling uncomfortable about having done so. Do what feels right for you, but know there's no shame in writing about your struggles if you feel it helps. Please don't feel like you have to filter things and only share the happy or positive moments.

I didn't get to read what you had written before you changed it, as I have just caught up on your recent blog posts. I am wishing you resolution with it all though, I hope that you start to feel better and that your symptoms ease. Lots of love to you.

wideeyedtree said...

Thank you for your comforting words, they really helped me!