May 26, 2024

*In the heart of spring


The tiniest bunny I have ever seen in free nature was hopping around today in the morning in front of our kitchen window. I wonder where his rabbit hole is!

Do you know the Italian illustrator Monica Barengo? I follow her art since many years and I love her illustrated children books and never hesitated to get a copy, even when I do not speak Italian. The first photo is from one of them.

Last week I accidentally dropped my beloved Zenit-E camera. First it fell on my arm where it left a big bruise and then it fell further on the stone floor that we have outside in front of our house door. Some parts broke off and the back cover broke open, which damaged pretty sure most of the film. We will see! Bad news, the camera back does not close anymore, good news, the other broken off parts are not essential and so I try now to just tape shut the camera back with fabric tape after I inserted the film and I hope it will still work for some time at least! Also I have found more joy in photography again. After the hard winter everything seemed blurry in my life. Slowly I feel more connected to myself again. All the flowers and snail friends definitely help, too!

Yesterday we made a forest walk near the Kamp river, one of my favorite places and we spotted a mole that was crawling around in the foliage on the ground. It was a rare sight. I sometimes see one that is having a short look out of the molehill, but I usually don't see them crawling freely outside. Forest bellflowers decorated the paths and back home when I watered the garden beds I saw one of my favorite insects, the white plume moth. (German: Federgeistchen)

Have a good Sunday!

4 comments:

nina wippsteerts said...

Das mit der Kamera tut mir sehr leid! Ich habe eine alte von meinem Vater wo ich sicherheitshalber auch ein Gummiband nutze/ nutzte (allerdings fotografiere ich nicht mehr mit Film)
Ich hoffe sehr, es findet sich eine Lösung!
Federgeistchen sind für mich kleine Elfen ... wie ihr Name schon sagt
Genieße die Natur weiterhin
Ganz liebe Grüße
Nina

wideeyedtree said...

@Nina: Liebe Nina, was ist das denn für eine Kamera, die du von deinem Vater hast? Falls du sie einmal abgeben möchtest, weil du wirklich nichts mehr damit machst, sag bescheid :) Ja, da hast du Recht, Federgeistchen sind so ätherische Wesen! Ich kannte sie aus meiner Kindheit gar nicht und habe sie erst entdeckt, als wir hier hergezogen sind! Liebe Grüße zurück!

nina wippsteerts said...

Eine Nikon und es tut mir leid, aber die würde ich nie nicht abgeben (wer weiß, es muss sicher nur eine Feder wo nachgezogen werden)
Aber wer weiß...
Danke Dir
Liebe Grüße nochmals
Nina

wideeyedtree said...

@Nina: Ja, gar kein Problem! Ich nehme sicher niemanden etwas weg! Ich dachte, weil du geschrieben hast, dass du nicht mehr mit Film fotografierst, dass sie vielleicht nur rumliegt und du dich freust, wenn sie verwendet wird. Vielleicht kommst du ja wieder mal auf den Geschmack! Ich glaube, solange es noch analoge Kameras gibt und Filme (wobei die in den letzten Jahren extrem teuer geworden sind und auch schwerer zu bekommen) werde ich analog fotografieren. Keine digitale Kamera kann mir dieses Gefühl ersetzen. Alles Liebe!