September 23, 2020

*summer memories


Autumn has started while I am still looking at my pictures from summer when the greenhouse was full of cucumber plants. I had to clear them out in the meantime and only some paprika plants have remained. At this time of the year, I feel both, relieved and kind of sad at the same time. Relieved that garden work lessens and sad that I can not continue to pick all those fresh veggies. There are still carrots and beetroot to harvest and I still eat nasturtium leaves and flowers every day to boost my immune system to prepare for winter. I have been quite exhausted lately, but I know it will get better again. Autumn makes me so happy, just to feel the fresh air on my skin and see how the leaves on the trees are shining in that special September light. I hope you are able to enjoy the new season!

1 comment:

Düschen said...

Liebe Claudia, du siehst so toll aus zwischen all den Gurkenpflanzen! Wie hast du sie nach oben hin befestigt? Ich suche noch nach einer Lösung für meinen Garten. Ich hoffe dir geht es gut. Liebste Grüße!:)