July 12, 2019

*seasons poetry


Summer absorbed me fully with all it's duties, pleasures and little delights. It goes by far too quick! Summers are so short in this country anyway, but I try to be filled with the warm season as much as possible to withstand the long cold months that will follow for sure. But I love every season and the ever ongoing change which initially gives flavour to life!

It is apricot season right now, so I'm busy with preserving them. I also open the stones to get the kernels inside, that taste a bit like almonds. Although the extreme heat of June and dryness of the last weeks caused my vegetable garden to suffer a lot, I was able to pick the first cucumbers, which is always a special moment to me! I have to update my garden album soon that I am sharing with Lotte, who is very very busy with renovating their house at the moment!

Have a great weekend and enjoy your July days!

3 comments:

cococita said...

So dreamy and beautiful.
I love your writing, Claudia.
Sending you Provençal sunshine!

Sasja said...

I love how you are working on preserving apricots! We also always eat the pit inside the fruit. I always think they taste a bit like pistachio hihi.
Hopefully there will be many not too warm - not too cold - , days for you so your garden will grow fast and good.
love and hugs!

wideeyedtree said...

@Cococita: Thank you! I hope you are doing well!!!

@Sasja: :) We have moderate weather right now and the plants like it! Hopefully I am soon able to harvest some more cucumbers! :)