May 03, 2020

*as time flies by


I don't know where the days go! Time is rushing so fast! How have you been lately? I finally was able to pick up my developed analogue film after nearly five weeks. It made me really happy and it felt extra special after waiting for such a long time. I really love this old building on the third photo, it is located directly next to a beautiful river and surrounded by a beautiful broadleaf forest. Nature was just awaking at that time and I was able to spot the first liverleaves on our walk.

I had some rather stressful days lately with some unpleasant happenings. One day two baby martens fell from the roof, one of it died not long afterwards in my arms, the other we were able to bring to an animal hospital, where a very nice person is working who is really an angel when it comes to help wild and other rescued animals to survive. But nevertheless I don't know if the other baby marten will recover from the fall of the roof. Let's hope so! It was so small and cute and the fur was so incredible soft! 

Newly a male pheasant is visiting me several times a day. He comes to a little hill in front of our home and shouts until I come to the window and when he sees me then, he does not run away and stands there instead looking at me and I look at him or also film him sometimes. He is really unusual trusting for a pheasant! I named him Rudi and really enjoy his regular visits! :)

Further I started a really nice project with my sister. We are in the process of making our own natural pigments from plants and flowers and other natural things like minerals to make watercolors with them and it's highly exciting! We are completely absorbed by the process and are exchanging regularly views on our ongoing experiments, results and also failings! There are no really exact tutorials out there, so a lot of trial and error is included, but also happy accidents! Overall it's a super interesting process and it keeps me really in a state of motivation and excitement! Maybe I can show more of the process in a separate post sometime. 

What else can I tell you? I re-opened my etsy shop with some prints of my newer illustrations, but it's not really an ideal time to open an online shop I guess, as there are so many restrictions with international shipping right now, it makes everything a bit frustrating in the end. Let's see how the overall situation goes on!

We had the first rain in a very long time, it was the driest April since weather recordings. It was just a little bit of rain, but better than nothing and right now it's quite chilly outside. I still have to heat the stoves every now and then. 

Ok, enough for now, I wish you a cozy Sunday and until soon again!

3 comments:

Düschen said...

Das mit den Mardern hört sich total traurig an. Ich hoffe, der zweite überlebt. Ich habe als Kind mal ein Vögelchen das aus dem Nest gefallen war zum Tierarzt gebracht, leider ist es auch kurz danach verstorben. :( Das Projekt mit deiner Schwester hört sich interessant an. Bin gespannt!!! LG

wideeyedtree said...

Ja, das war auch echt traurig, aber so ist das Leben leider manchmal. Ich habe auch schon viele aus dem Nest gefallene Vögel versucht zu retten, bin oft nächtelang alle halbe Stunde auf, um zu füttern, jedoch hatte ich auch nicht immer Erfolg! Auch habe ich ein verwaistes Baby-Reh gefunden vor ein paar Jahren. Es hat den ganzen Tag geschrien und als dann klar war, dass die Mutter nicht mehr kommen würde, habe ich überall herumtelefoniert, obwohl der Jäger des Ortes sagte, da könne man nichts machen, aber ich habe am Ende eine Frau gefunden mit Hilfe des netten Burschen, der mir auch dieses Mal geholfen hat, die Rehe aufzieht und wo es später auf natürliche Art mit anderen Rehen leben konnte. Das hat mich sehr gefreut!
Als Kind habe ich mal eine verletzte Brieftaube gesund gepflegt. Die wurde dann so zutraulich, dass sie mich regelmäßig später besucht hat und jedes Jahr im Sommer wieder zu mir in den Garten kam. Das war ein wunderbares Erlebnis! Liebe Grüße!!

Düschen said...

@ wideeyedtree
Eine Taube habe ich tatsächlich auch mal aufgezogen. Sie war bei meinen Eltern aus dem Nest gefallen und ihr Fuß war von dem Unfall verletzt. Ich habe sie gefüttert und aufgezogen, bis wir sie später freilassen konnten. Es war wirklich sehr anstrengend, aber am Ende hat es sich gelohnt. Oh, das mit dem Baby Reh ist so traurig aber auch schön. Das erinnert mich so an Alle meine Freunde mit Jodie und dem Reh. Kennst du die alte Serie? ^^ Ich liebe Rehe, es sind wunderschöne Tiere - bei uns gibt es sie leider kaum mehr in freier Wildbahn.
Hast du schon etwas von dem Marder gehört? LG