July 06, 2018

*Giant poppy


Behind my greenhouse I have a big oriental poppy plant since some years now, that I never have planted or sowed there. The seeds must have come with the wind or birds or howsoever, but it made me really happy, because I love all kinds of poppy and those giant flowers shine in the most vibrant red tones –  they are irresistible and deserved a little photo shooting. Sunny was also with me of course, he loves to smell flowers. Sometimes when I take him with me in the garden, I let him smell all the flowers individually. It seems to relax him a lot and is so cute to look at!

5 comments:

jabbott said...

I love poppy's too and love how yours self seeded it self, isn't nature wonderful!!!

wideeyedtree said...

Yes!

Sandra Dunn said...

So pretty. Do you remember the painting The Corn Poppy?

cococita said...

I think you'd love to see this documentary
about Andy Goldsworthy:
http://www.leaningintothewind.de/
Sending you much love!
Will write you as soon as I can ...

wideeyedtree said...

@Sandra: Oh yes, I remember! The card that you sent me! <3

@cococita: oh! Thank you for sharing!!!