First package was from Lotte. She surprised me with a beautiful, handmade doily and an aloe vera offshoot. The second green mail comes from Magda from England whom I sent one of my pilea babies. She sent me cuttings from her papyrus pant. I'm all exited!
On Sunday I did some planting and repotting.
Can't wait my new aloe vera and papyrus to grow big!
I usually don't wear any jewelry, but on the sixth picture
you can see some pedants, that accompanied my entire life:
1. A silver pedant from my late grandmother
2. A red glass stone pedant from my mother
3. A moonstone pedant that I got myself when I was a teenager
4. Turquoise gemstone that I got myself on a shopping trip with my friend Irina when I was 16.
I clearly remember that day like it was yesterday.
5. My first real boyfriend still used to visit me quite often after we separated - we still stayed friends - and after his visits I often found this bloodstone lying around in my flat. He always tended to loose things, same with this gem, that he usually had in one of his pockets. I gave it back to him every time. One time he gifted me a little wooden box and inside was this bloodstone, but revamped into a pedant. :)
6. This little golden sun was actually a promotional gift, but it's still so nice.
Things with stories make it so hard to leave go of them.
On the last picture the little linocut is from Alina Vergnano who's artwork I really adore.
Actually I was working on a new fabric design, but I could not resist picking some of the animal motifs to make some separate illustrations with them. Maybe also suitable for future postcards, let's see... ;)