May 13, 2020

*martens from the sky


There is so much going on right now, it's hard to find a moment to just sit down and write a blog post! First of all it's super cold right now and in some parts it even snowed! In this moment I have made a fire in both stoves and this in the middle of May! 

Anyway, I have good news about the little marten that had fallen from the roof. It survived and is in good hands! A woman who is specialized in rearing baby martens and lives on a farm in the wood quarter is taking care of him now (actually it is a female) and when time is right she will return her to the wild which is the best solution! But suddenly we found a third baby marten on a different place laying all alone on the ground last Friday. He was bigger than the ones I have found before and in a much better condition! He was so cute! When I was laying him in a box with a cloth to warm him, he was falling asleep immediately! We don't know if he is the brother of the other marten, but he will grow up with her which is surely good for both! I just hope it was the last baby marten for a longer time!

Rudi is also still visiting me every day! Today he was here already at half past five to greet me. :)
I will include him in one of my next little movies for sure!

I filled my first pans with my own handmade watercolors! They need some time to dry now which can take up to weeks, but I was able to try the first color out and I am so excited, because it worked out so nicely! Of course some of my experiments did also fail, I tried twice to create watercolors from wood ash. It would make such a nice grey tone! It seems to work for liquid ones, but I want to produce dry watercolors that you can put in your watercolor box like the purchased ones in the little pans and unfortunately it did not work out yet. I think I soon have to make a separate blogpost with some pictures of the process!

Further I am participating in a drawing challenge called #kidstricksweek
Every day there is a new theme and I finished my first two paintings for it. I don't know if I manage to make paintings to all prompts, but we will see! 

I will go off now again, but I wish you a creative and productive May!
Much love + take care!

No comments: