January 25, 2019

*gingerbread magic


Easy recipe for gingerbread:

You need:

• 560g rye flour (I used organic wholemeal rye flour)
• 360g powdered sugar (I usually use half amount of sugar)
• 160g honey
• 4 eggs
• 1 package gingerbread spices
• 2 teaspoons natron

{I made just the half portion: I used 280g flour, about 100g sugar and 80g honey, 2 eggs, half a package of gingerbread spices and 1 teaspoon natron.}

Whip eggs, honey and powdered sugar until foamy. Add gingerbread spices, natron and rye flour and knead until it’s a homogeneously dough. Roll out the dough about 1,5 cm thick and cut out forms. Place on a (with baking paper prepared) baking tray, brush with mixed egg. Bake at 180 degrees about 10 minutes.

For the frosting I used one egg white, a bit lemon juice and added as much powdered sugar until it had a nice, creamy consistence.

 Enjoy!

2 comments:

Düschen said...

They look so pretty and nostalgic!

cococita said...

Thanks again, dear Claudia!