17.9.15

homemade ketchup





 My favorite way of preserving tomatoes is making ketchup :)

I have this simple recipe that I want to share with you:

You need:
 about 2  kilos tomatoes
8 medium size onions
1 tablespoon salt
5 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons mustard
150 ml vinegar

Cut tomatoes and onions into pieces and cook them with all the other ingredients in a big pot.
When everything is soft-boiled, use a blender shaft to mash it up. 
Cook it further for about 15 minutes, if you want to have a more compact mass, cook it longer.

Then fill it in sterile jars (I use screw top jars), close them and put them upside down until they are cooled off.

It's really delicious in combination with roasted vegetables!

3 comments:

Evdokia Tsiligiridou said...

mmm, looks good!

fiona ling said...

Oh WOW!
Thank you for the recipe, i am going to try that!

cococita said...

Thank you for sharing! If I could only digest the ingredients :)
It looks cosy at your place: always and especially at this time of year.
Happy and healthy autumn, dear friend: I hope to pick up my snail mail habit soon!