18.8.15

Uppercase issue 26





Uppercase magazine had put out an open call in March to design a postage stamp for them. You can imagine that I loved to participate and I was even happier when they wrote me that my stamp was selected to be featured in the new issue! They also asked to add a little text about myself and why I chose this design. You can read it here: 

I’m a graphic designer from Austria and I love to illustrate. Not long ago I moved with my boyfriend (after living for 10 years in Vienna) to a tiny village in the countryside of Lower Austria. I always dreamed of having a garden and growing my own fruits and vegetables and leading a simple and creative life. Nature is the greatest inspiration of all, ever changing and surprising. It teaches you so much, for example the art of patience. In hectic times like nowadays this can be a great way to learn to slow down, same with good old letter writing. I have pen friends since the age of 12 and I always collected stamps. They are like little artworks to me and browsing through my stamp album feels like visiting a museum. Designing my own stamp was always a secret dream of me, so it was not hard to find my favorite motif. I chose field poppy for my stamp, because I get never bored of looking at them. They are so delicate that you can not even pick them to make a bouquet for your home, they would loose their petals immediately, so all you can do is to enjoy them in the moment you see them on the fields in their vibrant red colors, dancing in the wind.

Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

fiona ling said...

Dear Claudia,

Congratulations on being featured in this amazing art&craft magazine, so so happy also proud of you! My company's webstore are waiting for this issue to come, so i have a chance to see them myself!
Have a happy day!

wide-eyed-tree said...

Thank you! That is great news that you will get the issue also in your company :)

cococita said...

Those are great news! Feeling happy for you! Love the design of it: Austria can be proud :)