28.6.15

cucumber girl







If I had to choose one vegetable plant that I enjoy to take care of the most, I would pick cucumbers. This year I have 4 different sorts. (Korean, White, Lemon and Luffa (from Karolien)) I'm stacking them, so they can grow up and the fruits don't touch the ground. Again I have problems with powdery mildew this year, but I feed the plants with wood ash and sprinkle them with a mixture of milk and water and sometimes camomile tea, which helps really good. Sunny likes to lick off the milk from the leaves again :)

Further I harvested first onions, garlic, peas, beetroot, kohlrabi, lot's of strawberries, mulberries and raspberries. My potato plants are full of potato beetles, but I decided that because they were in the majority to quit the field and let them where they are ;)

Have a wonderful Sunday + until soon again!

3 comments:

Belle Fleur de Lis said...

oooh claudia,
my cucumber plants are still so little...i sow lemon and white from your seeds you gave me : )

i also have kolrabi seeds, that i will sow very soon, i hope it is not too late, but i give it a try :-)

the red potatoes plant in my garden start to turn brown, but i also planted bintjes potatoes and they still ook very fresh and green. it is possible that me and my father will harvest a little part of the red potatoes later in the evening when it cools down.

if the potatoes are harvested, new space comes free...i look forward to the autumn period for gardening and i hope winter won't be to wet so it is possible to have some winter vegetables as well.

You can be proud to on all your work so far, it looks so good and i am happy we can share it togheter !

much love ♡

Patrice A. said...

my cucumber is so tiny stiil
yesterday i have given them compost
i hope it helps
but my snow peas are blooming
i can be harvested twice per day!

love
Patrice

Cindy Dy said...

Hey there! Someone in my Myspace group shared this website with us so I came to check it out.I’m definitely loving the information. I’m book-marking and will be tweeting this to my followers!Terrific blog and fantastic design and style.

Bubble
www.gofastek.com