21.6.15

conifers



When I moved here, I found the big conifers close to the house a bit oppressive. But since living here for some time now and got to know the climate better I value them evermore. They absorb the water from the ground, so that the cellar does not get too damp and when it storms and rains they don't scare me, they even give me the feeling they are protecting the house. And when it is very hot and you step on the terrace, they make everything smell so good that I actually don't have words for it. They remind me of my childhood adventures in the woods where my grandparents used to live, near the Czech border. Further the woods in this area are mostly broadleaf forests which is a bit unusual for me also. It cooled down a lot here and it is raining more often. I gave myself a break after being sick and very busy the last weeks. Reading books and magazines that waited for me like forever on the shelf, writing letters, dreaming and drinking tea, simply taking it easy and enjoying myself. 

4 comments:

cococita said...

I hope you feel better now!

fiona ling said...

the conifers looks like a giant magic tree~ take good care of yourself dear claudia! my love letter is on the way to you now, hope you can get it soon and hopefully the mail can ease and comfort you!

Micheal Prince said...

I am very happy to read your post. The article is really wonderful to read. Essay writing service reviews

Belle Fleur de Lis said...

i hope you are fully recovered in the best way you could. conifer is lovely, i like it so much too.
take it easy and enjoy all you try to do, with many good cups of tea and readings.