25.8.14

Gardening update

 
 
Good morning! Time for a little garden update again!
I picked lot's of tomatoes and made my own tomato ketchup and sauce for winter.
But to be honest, I don't think it will make it until winter, because it is so good and I already opened a glass ;)
It is so cold here at the moment. I already had to make fire in the stove. Very unusual for August.
Yesterday I harvested the last potatoes and some carrots. I had different sorts thanks to my sweet snail mail friends!
Some time ago I got Tagetes seeds from Studio Meez. They started to bloom finally, too!
And I made some really nice illustrations that I will show you the next days!
So stay tuned and have a good start into the week ;)

7 comments:

querido diário said...

All looks so good :D

my father gave me red brocculi and small eggplants to had to the other treasures i usually bring from the farm :D
eating fresh is bliss!

Carly Kaste said...

You made your own tomato sauce, oh my butterfly, you are the coolest. ♥ I hope to be able to get enough tomatoes in my garden to do the same, but they're not looking so hot right now!

Mi Joya said...

Everything looks so fresh and healthy!! Way to go Claudia!
I wish i had the time to grow my own veggies too!

Katyha said...

wow! your veggie garden is amazing :)

Sandra Dunn said...

Amazing, Claudia.

Belle Fleur de Lis said...

greatest harvest !

<3<3<3

wide-eyed-tree said...

@querido diario: I never heard of red brokkoli before, but I had re carrots :) Eating fresh is the best!

@Carly Kaste: Yes, several glasses and I never thought it would turn out so tasty! If you need a recipe, just let me know!

@Mi Joya: I wished everyone could grow his own food! It would make the world a better and healthier place!
There are veggies,that don't need much attention, maybe you give it a try sometime!

@Katyha: :) thank you!

@Sandra: :)

@Belle fleur de lis: I'm already looking forward to next year, but I will also try some things in autumn...