15.7.14

Plants + edible faces

 



Can you remember the baby oxalis Lotte sent to me 2 months ago?
It has grown into a happy plant!
I harvested my first Bitter Melon and tried it. I followed the cooking advice Coco gave me and I must say I love it! I am sure it is not everyone's taste, because it is very, very bitter and I think it is more suitable for a side dish than main dish, but I can't wait until the next Bitter Melon is ripe!
Further I am still preserving apricots, painted some new pots and harvested first physalis! Yay!

8 comments:

Anna said...

your purple oxalis it's growing but best of all is that I planted a bulb apart and now is another pilea, tender and fresh that don't stop to grow with new stems!
i'm very happy!!!

Katyha said...

love seeing your garden series :) I'll be sending you some Australian seeds soon

Evdokia Tsiligiridou said...

the faces are beautiful!
the oxalis is so pretty!

Kate Mossy said...

what lovely pictures! I love edible face pictures, they are so silly and fun!

Camila Faria said...

Oh, WOW! That's a very exciting garden update. Love the edible faces, so cute!

http://naomemandeflores.com/en

wide-eyed-tree said...

@Anna: sounds good!! Happy growing!

@Katyha: I'm excited!

@Evdokia: I wrote you a mail!

@Kae Mossy: Thank you! When I had them laying on my table, I just had to play with them ;)

@Camilla Faria: Thank you!

Belle Fleur de Lis said...

it makes me happy to see the oxalis grow so well and good. <3

all lovely !

yoojin azad said...

Haha, love the vegetable faces! :D