19.6.14

garden update

 
 
 
 
 
Last weekend we finished our berry half circle with planting a red currant. We made a new garden bed directly next to the greenhouse to have some shelter from sun and wind. I planted nearly all the tomato plans that still have been in a pot. Sunny helped me of course :) The wool I used as a natural long-term fertilizer to put around the roots of the plants. It may look odd, but it is really a good way to keep your plants happy and the roots humid. The apple tree got new blooms! I have never seen that in my life before at this time of the year! Last but not least, a pretty butterfly on my dry hand (from working in the garden).
Thank you all for voting for my postcard! It made me very happy!
The voting is still open until tomorrow!

8 comments:

trees and what not said...

I love your garden and all your growing, good luck with the postcard, I don't have Facebook so it won't let me like it, sorry!! Is there another way to vote/like?

We are looking at a house today, with a garden and a green house, maybe we will own it!! How are you enjoying your house. WHat does the outside of it look like, maybe you could do a tour of your house post? H x

Belle Fleur de Lis said...

my hands are also very dry from the gardening. the tip with the wool for the roots of the tomatoes plants i did not heared of it before, i will try this next year. i see also butterflies in my garden that is a good sign but they don't come and sit on my hand : )

Lily said...

Mhhh, yummi berries soon!

Second flower of apples - perhaps because it got so hot so early this year?

Enjoy your garden!
And soon self grown tomatoes, too.

Carly Kaste said...

Ahhh, how pretty! I wish a butterfly would land on my hand. ^-^ And I never heard about using wool in gardens. My mom spins yarn and so we've got a ton of it laying around--alpaca, sheep, goat, you name it!

coco said...

every one's garden life is getting so excited. i like to see your update.

cococita said...

Sunny looks happy! I bet moving to the countryside has been a good thing for him as well. Your half circle is really inspiring. Thank you for sharing!

querido diário said...

:D

Sam Lucas said...

I saw on your last post that the garden is looking magnificent, with all those beautiful plants in bloom. The glass house looks cool as well. Anyway, I didn't know that wool can act as a fertilizer to keep the plants humid. Thanks for sharing that information. Everything's looking fine with the garden and I hope it continues to bloom beautifully. Good luck!

Sam Lucas @ Green Collar