31.12.13

XYLOGRAPHY DREAMS

 
At the end of November I told you about one of my dreams that might come true.
 Since I am carving stamps I always wanted to make woodcuts, but without printing press you usually don't come far. But as I know that good things come to those who wait, my dream came finally true! I got my own printing press of an artist of my hometown who does not longer need it. Only problem, I don't really have the space for it, haha! Right now it is standing in the cellar in the corner under the stairway and I already made first experiments with it. Don't wonder about my clothes, it is bloody cold in our cellar! :D In summer it will be more comfortable I guess... 
Preliminary findings: I love the whole process, but there is a lot to learn. Especially the right handling of differemt printing colors in combination with pressure intensity and different types of paper.
 

6 comments:

Sandra Dunn said...

Wow! Your dream came true! Look at you working away even in the cold cellar. The press looks perfect in that corner, and yes, in summer you will be loving it! Love your new print and looking forward to seeing many more! Happy New Year Claudia! Wishing you great things for 2014!

emmel-prutsemieke said...

:-) great

Mi Joya said...

Oh that's sooooo cool!!!!!

querido diário said...

I'm loving this first result already!

yoojin said...

So great with the press!!! :) I would love to use one too. :)

kassiopaia said...

Das Motiv ist total toll! Go for it! ^^