24.4.12

Plants

 •
  •
  •
  •
 •
Thanks for your kind words about my little blue pot. Some years ago I painted a whole series of these cloud pots, I gifted them all away, only one remained, the one in my last post. In the past I had this phase where I bought a lot of finish (actually made for painting wooden toys for children) and I painted everything around me, my bed, furniture, everything.... ||| I have a new avocado pit that got roots so much faster than the first one. I thought this might not work at all, because it was such a small pit, but it started to grow roots only after a few days! The other one needed months. How different such things can be. Nature. ||| Remember the cactus layers I got from Lily last month? I thought it's time for putting them in soil. Hope it was not to early. We will see...

3 comments:

mieke willems said...

it's so nice to have an avocado pit growing and looking at it every day! i think it might be the season, i want to try one now also, and see if it goes faster!

wide-eyed-tree said...

Yes, it's true! I also think it might have something to do with the season!

Lotte Janssens said...

: ) i was just thinking the same as mieke after reading your words claudia. I now have 5 pits that i can put in water an there is also a small one, I will try it and see what will happen. but it is strange my first avocado was a very big pit and also after a few days it had cracks and after two weeks already long roots : ) but then my second was also a big pit and it was for months before something happened, so a small pit i will try, and we will see what happens.