31.3.12

Sowing seeds

Sowed some seeds, now all I need is some patience which is not my strongest point :) I used an old aquarium to have something like a little greenhouse. Last Autumn I put some tangerine pits in my Dieffenbachia pot and in the new year suddenly something appeared. I had forgotten about it and thought it is weed, but then I remembered again and planted it in a separate pot. Don't know if it will grow into a bigger plant, but it's worth a try. My mum gave me the geranium on the last picture and my dad this Stevia plant (last picture on the right). Do you know Stevia? It is a herbal plant ideal to replace sugar. I discovered it in 2006 when I had to make a diet without any carbohydrates. Since that I am using it and keep a plant nearly every year on my window sill.

6 comments:

Ilse said...

yes I know Stevia and I like it too, have you ever baked with it? When I bake cake with it it doesn't taste well.

Lisa said...

sowing-time is my favourite time of the year! I'm looking forward to seeing all the lovely plants. I just saw that my eggplants are popping their head above the soil, this makes me so happy :)

The aquarium as a greenhouse is such a good idea! And it looks good too :)

Lily said...

Thank you for the surprise! I will sow it soon. And I love the little bug and the letters!

Christian said...

love the layout and photos of your blog : )

cococita said...

Lovely to see your little green center at home. It looks so beautiful! Have a wonderful Sunday!
And yes, I know stevia :)
PS: love the doilies under your plants. They make your pictures so you.

[sen.siˈʝes] said...

wunderschön dein kleines gewächshaus :)