8.10.11

Mail treasures

I have to show you what has been in my mailbox recently. First of all a letter from Lily with this beautiful bird banding. She also sent me a postcard from her trip to Bratislava. She knows how to surprise me! ||| The second is from our honeymoonchild Jessica. She sent me a selfmade friendship wristband. Last one I got when I was a teenager. I have good memories with those kind of wristbands :) And what you can't see here, behind the card is a sachet with bonsai seeds! I'm really excited about that and hope I manage to grow one! ||| Last but not least a package from dear Lotte. Isn't it a feast for the eyes? I already have a wonderful little collection with doilies made by her. I feel really lucky! And because she knows how much I love shells, she collected these for me on her vacation in Zeeland. The little book was also filled with different findings from nature and even a little thrifted doily was inside. ||| A big THANK YOU to all of you!!!

Since I have a flickr pro account (thanks to my big brother) and I can finally show more than 200 pictures, I decided to make a set with all the snail mail I receive and send away. And I even made a group for all who want to share their love for snail mail with me.

So, that was a long post. I hope you enjoy your Saturday evening!

9 comments:

demie said...

lucky girl! its so nice to get something cute on the post ( and not only bills...) now i finally have the button of your shop on my sidebar. sorry it took so long ... sometimes time flies. its a bit pale in the clours but i will try to make a frame around it - after the weekend : )
have a lovely sunday little girl!

Alicia said...

what a happy mail!

studio meez said...

How great it must be to be getting all this beautiful mail! Bonsai seeds, lucky lucky you! Very curious how they will turn out once you've planted them!

[sen.siˈʝes] said...

:)
wie schööööön.
und das mit der gruppe ist eine super idee!

Koey said...

You're so lucky to have such sweet friends to send you these lovely mail:) I particularly like the collection of the nature from Lotte.

the blue rabbit house said...

You're very lucky! It must be so much fun to receive all these lovely treasures. I hope many more will pop up in your mailbox. :)

Lisa said...

:) :)

Jessica said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your parcel doll. Please keep us updated on the progress of the Bonsai! Sadly I can't plant any myself - I don't think they would fare too well living a life on the road... x

Lili's skies said...

You're so lucky to have a sweet friends to send you a lovely mail!
It's very beautiful