31.8.11

Plants ready for soil

Enough holiday pictures. Now it's time to get creative and care for my plants again. Some of them did not survive my holiday, because when I was away there was a heatwave in Austria which I didn't expect at all. My nasturtiums all died and my geraniums don't look good either, but they will survive. But some of my plants really liked the glass house situation in our flat. My bay tree finally starts to get new leaves. After unpacking everything from our trip I decided to put my avocado and one part of the plant cuttings (tradescantia fluminensis) I got from Lotte via mail in soil. Sunny was stealing the water from my other plant cuttings in the meantime. I had to capture it, it looked so funny!

6 comments:

The Queen of Carrot Flowers said...

I love photos of Sunny! your plants are looking great

Lotte Janssens said...

it looks very good!!! glad to see the cuttings are doing so well : )

Mia (Somliga dagar) said...

Love to see that little fellow! Sorry for my absence in the mail... :-/ Soon... promise...

Anonymous said...

love your blog and pictures!

question: what is the name of the plant with purple and triangular leaves on the left? it's so particuliar!

wide-eyed-tree said...

@Mia: :) No problem with the mail...take all the time you need!

@Anonymous: I'm glad you like it!. It is purple shamrock. A very easy but beautiful plant!

Mdmslle. said...

Love to hear that your holidays went well and you had a lovely time! A few of my plants didn't survive my holidays either (though I had a plant-caretaker), most sorrowly my avocado is one of these :-(...

Btw, I really LOVE your new logo!!!