1.5.11

Painting with oil

Yesterday I painted with oil. It is my third oil painting ever. The first one I've made when I was nine. I painted a dog :) Quite a funny picture, actually. Maybe I can show it to you sometime. The second oil painting was this about 4 years ago. The good thing with oil is, that you can work on it as long as you want and paint over it, if you are not happy. I think I will do that after it is drier. By now I have only 5 oil colours. I am thinking of getting some more in the future.

9 comments:

Lini said...

sehr hübsch, ich wünschte ich könnt nur annähernd so schön malen wie du!!! Bussi

eva vercauteren said...

That's so nice! My first (and already last) time I used it was when I was 14 or 15 (I think). It was some rough sealandscape, but as I can remember it - it turned out nicely.

I'm more of a pencil-pen-watercolours-person as that's how my style evolved. But it's good to try new things!

[s.n.] said...

das bild ist wirklich schön geworden! :)
ich bin dafür, dass du uns unbedingt mal das hunde-bild zeigen musst... ^^ xD

liebe grüße,
sarah.

wide-eyed said...

@Sarah: Ich werd meine Schwester fragen, ob sie ein Foto davon macht und mir schickt, das Bild ist nämlich bei meinen Eltern. :) Liebe Grüße!

Mdmslle. said...

Just wonderful! And it seems that your arm is getting better! Wish you a wonderful Sunday!

Ariane Reichardt said...

Liebe Claudia,
tolles Ölbild von der Erdbeerpflanze...
solange Du Dein Handgelenk (?) schonen solltest, könntest Du doch bei der 'weekly drawing challenge' mitmachen?!

Liebe Grüße aus Hamburg
von Ariane.

studio meez said...

Ooh! I really really like it. It's perfect!

kassiopaia said...

Mhmm, Erdbeeren- das Bild sieht echt schick aus. :)
Außer bei Malen nach Zahlen jabe ich noch nie mit Öl gemalt, dabei habe ich jede Menge Fabren… Shame on me. Dabei matsche ich so gerne mit Farben rum! ;)

Alicia said...

Oh Claudia! It is really nice :)