Yesterday night we had a lot of snow - it's a pity that it doesn't really stay. So today it's more like a grey pulp all over the streets. I started to crochet a new rug (will show pictures soon). This time maybe I will keep it for myself :)
After I read this post on Creature Comforts blog, I knew that I have to make a tinsel garland wreath, too! So, here it is! It is such an easy and quick project and simply beautiful. Because I didn't have an embroidery hoop I used a bamboo bag handle and for the little extra I decorated it with some feathers.
Sunny needed a new pullover, so I had the idea of making him something special - a christmas pullover! I decorated it with selfmade green buttons (out of Fimo and glitter). Isn't he cute? Originally I started knitting him pullovers 'cause I didn't get one in his size in shops. They were all far too big! My boyfriend is less happy with my dog pullover creations, he preferes less conspicuous ones, but I couldn't resist once again :)
Today is a good day. I finished the crocheted slippers I made for myself to keep my feet warm, had a nice breakfast with candle light even though the sun is shining outside and I added new prints of my artwork to my shop. Hope your day is as good, too!
Remember these granny squares? Finally I started to stitch them together and soon I can show you the result. These days are rainy and dark, so R. and I decided to spend some time in a thermal bath. It was so relaxing! I enjoy thermal baths the most when it's snowing outside, but it still hasn't snowed at all in Vienna.
Today I made a really big walk with the dog all around the place I live. It was abnormal warm for the time of the year. About 20 degrees! When I came back home I had my first sweet chestnuts in this season. I like them a lot and the good thing is, they are healthy as well.
I got the "One Lovely Blog Award" from Moni! Thank you!
Now I have to nominate 15 other Blogs for this award and let them know about it.
I won't choose 15, but I will choose 5!
1. I nominate Lotte with her very beautiful inside garden blog. Everything on her blog is lovely and I like her personality and style a lot.
2. I nominate Dawn with her Lovely Paper Blog. I read her Blog now since years and I never get bored of it. Her paper art is so gorgeous!
3. I nominate Sara with her blog .fintfint., where she shows simple & beautiful pictures of her daily life. I recently found her blog and think you should definitely go and have a look!
4. I nominate Sarah. She is also very creative and such a great knitter! I would love to be able to knit such lovely socks like she does!
5. Last but not least I nominate Tania. I have forgotten about her blog for longer time now, but this blog award made me think of how I started blogging years ago and her blog was the first blog I have ever seen and she was a big part of the reason why I started my own blog. I found her blog today again and was very happy to see that she is mother of a sweet baby boy now! Congratulations to her!
Actually many more blogs deserve this award. All the links on the right for example! And many many more of those I read and didn't link. Now it's your turn to nominate :)
Some more crocheting. On the grey picture is my friend Susanna, when she was about ten years old. Today is her 28. Birthday. I remember how I admired her long blond hair when we were kids. Her mother used to braid it before she went to sleep. I liked that a lot.